Sports & Physical Medicine
Integrated Sports and Spine Medicine combines the best of both Eastern and Western Medical practices and techniques tailored to each individual with the goal of decreasing pain and improving function. Since no two injuries are the same and no two bodies are the same, Dr. Logan works with each client to create a multi-disciplinary Plan of Action that will optimize health and facilitate wellness.
Each plan is unique.
Each plan is reasonable.
Each plan is realistic.
Under the medical direction of Dr. Kelly J. Logan a Multi-Disciplinary Rehabilitation Plan of Action often includes a combination of the following:
- Physical, Musculoskeletal and Neurological Evaluation
- Review of your current medical records regarding the issue
- Prescription medications (oral, topical or injectable)
- Manual therapy (including spinal manipulation)
- Medical Acupuncture (this is not included in the initial consultation)
- Holistic Health Practice & Recommendations (supplements, herbs, teas et cetera)
- Traditional Physical Therapy
- Exercise Prescription
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Recommendations
- Modalities (heat, ice, TENS/E-Stim)
- Trigger Point Injection
- Joint and Soft Tissue Injection
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Most of these services are offered at Element Wellness; however recommendations can be made for other facilities as well.
Dr. Kelly J. Logan is an Osteopathic physician with specialty training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Manual Therapy/Spinal Manipulation and Sports Medicine. Her philosophy is simple: both Eastern and Western cultures possess merits that encourage health and wellness. When the two are strategically used in conjunction with each other the result produces a catalyst that ultimately facilitates prevention and reversal of un-natural aging and disease while promoting well-being and a healthy lifestyle.
What are some of the common problems that Dr. Logan sees?
- Sports and Overuse Injuries
- Joint and Soft Tissue injuries
- Low back Pain
- Chronic Muscle Pain & Myofascial Pain
- DJD & Osteoarthritis
What can I Expect from my 1st Appointment with Dr. Logan?
Your appointment with Dr. Logan will last 45-60 minutes. Please arrive on time. Dr. Logan will have you fill out a medical and musculoskeletal health history form prior to your arrival. In order to make your consultation as efficient and effective as possible, please have all of your paperwork filled out before your appointment and bring written copies of all of your pertinent previous diagnostic tests (MRIs, EMGs, CT scans and X-Rays), a copy of your most recent lab work.
Dr. Logan will review your history and will give you a full neurological and musculoskeletal physical exam.
The doctor will then work with you to create a Multi-Disciplinary Plan of Action. You will receive a copy of your POA prior to your departure outlining the plan. You will receive instructions on any needed follow-up at that time.
What do I need to do to prepare for my first appointment with Dr. Logan?
- Please fill out any New Patient paperwork that is sent to you.
- Please collect your recent or pertinent diagnostic reports (labs, X-Rays, CT Scans or MRIs) and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card with you to your appointment.
How do I pay for these services?
At Element [Wellness, Spa, Studio] we participate with many of the major insurance companies. Many insurance plans require that you pay a copayment at the time of your visit. Cash, check, and all major credit cards are accepted.
If we are not in network with your insurance, payment is required up front. At the end of your appointment you will be provided with the necessary forms to file a claim with your insurance plan; should you wish to file a claim for any out of network benefits you may have.
Clients who have no insurance are offered a discount.